4 December 2012

And there were five: Vanna's View

Handsome, huh?
 I was not pleased to see two other humans enter the house. Not at all. Especially two young Cambodians.* For more often than not they stamp their feet at me and make silly noises and quick movements. 



And of course there was that incident. The one where the young fat Cambodian boy licked and then smacked his lips whilst eyeing up my left flank.

So dear reader you can see why I viewed these two young Khmer moving in with suspicion, distaste even- it could have been a cat-astrophe!

But it hasn't been. Not yet.

Sure, I understand that most Khmer don't much like cats (Demonic, me? Perhaps! Dirty? Definitely not!) and they wonder why anyone would feed a feline when sometimes just feeding the family is difficult enough. But I reckon I am winning these two Khmer lasses over with my fine whiskers and charming personality.

For why else would they have just started cutting up tasty chunks of pork and chicken and putting them in my bowl before anyone else has eaten?

Purrfect...

* What Happens When Two Young Cambodians Enter the House?
See background here:
http://cambodianbeginnings.blogspot.com/p/and-then-there-were-four.html

No comments:

Post a Comment