4 February 2011

Happy Chinese New Year

 Phnom Penh has emptied out. Many city-dwellers  have left the capital to celebrate the with their families in the provinces.

Our neigbours' kids have been letting off crackers- the busybodies in the West who abhor such unsupervised fun would be outraged- and they are having the time of their lives.

It's Chinese New Year and everyone here with any Chinese heritage- and plenty who have none- are welcoming in the New Year.

It's the year of the Rabbit so it is supposed to be a good one.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year of the wabbit, Phillip. I'm a tiger, a water tiger to be precise. Apparently I'm wonderful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a dragon- Apparently,I'm super-positive but demanding; full of vitality but egoistical, dogmatic and eccentric; I am an unquenchable fire,too. None of which explains the want to just sit quietly and read a good book.

    Happy New Year Snap (I hope the patient is healing, quietly)

    ReplyDelete